Sparta was acknowledged as the dominating force of the unified Greek military throughout the Greco-Persian Wars, in competition with the burgeoning naval power of Athens, due to its military preeminence. During the Peloponnesian War (between 431 and 404 BC), Sparta was Athens’ main adversary, and it was victorious following the Battle of Aegospotami. Although the Spartan hegemony ended with the decisive Battle of Leuctra in 371 BC, the city-state maintained its political independence until the Roman invasion of Greece in 146 BC. Sparta suffered a lengthy period of decline after the Roman Empire was divided, especially during the Middle Ages, when many of its residents moved to Mystras. Sparta is the capital of the southern Greek region of Laconia, as well as a citrus and olive processing center.
This t-shirt is everything you’ve dreamed of and more. It feels soft and lightweight, with the right amount of stretch. It’s comfortable and flattering for all.
• 100% combed and ring-spun cotton (Heather colors contain polyester)
• Ash color is 99% combed and ring-spun cotton, 1% polyester
• Heather colors are 52% combed and ring-spun cotton, 48% polyester
• Athletic and Black Heather are 90% combed and ring-spun cotton, 10% polyester
• Heather Prism colors are 99% combed and ring-spun cotton, 1% polyester
• Fabric weight: 4.2 oz (142 g/m2)
• Pre-shrunk fabric
• Side-seamed construction
• Shoulder-to-shoulder taping